I believe that God's gifts and blessings are abundantly laid before us. Most of the time, it's up to us to find our way to them. God has done His part and it's up to us to complete the task.
Each of us is gifted with his own natural skills - our own core gifts. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Even a toddler has skills to show. These God-given gifts, coupled with our desire for something greater than we already have, should drive us towards these blessings. Each of us has his own dreams. And dreams are meant to be fulfilled. All we have to do to realize them is to take ACTION. How is it then that most of us are not able to accomplish this?
There are a few things to note why dreams are not fulfilled, get abandoned and eventually wasted.
1. Lack of persistence. We easily get discouraged at the sight of failure. Once failed, we channel our energies to other things. We're like the fox that sour-grapes when we can't get what we want.
2. Hopelessness. One who has the positive outlook will never lose hope. Sometimes we should find positive things out every failure. As Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "
3. Lack of faith. A person who doesn't have faith in himself will never fulfill his dream. Your lacking in faith or in spirit will drive you to nowhere because faith will fuel your spirit to go on even thru rough roads.
4. Failure to acknowledge own weaknesses. In order to master our strengths, we must be aware of our weaknesses first. Acknowledging our weaknesses is a very vital step in sharpening our skill set in order to achieve our goals.
5. Denying others' help. Most of the time, we will not be alone in our adventure. There will be others whom we will share our dreams with. They may be able to help us along the way and we may be able to help them in return. We must be humble enough to realize that we will not have all the solutions at hand even though we have prepared heavily.
6. Laziness and procrastination. Of course it's so obvious that putting off tomorrow what you can do today will definitely delay everything. Whatever goal you are set on doing won't be accomplished unless started. Therefore starting early will definitely reward you earlier blessings.
I love Bo Sanchez's idea about our power to delay God's blessings. We have the power to realize these blessings however we also have the power to delay them. Unless we have the focus and discipline, unless we have the spirit and faith, these dreams of ours will stay as dreams. Dreams that are so near, but yet so far because we failed to ACT upon them.