Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Everyday notes to enjoy life (3)

Lessons usually come from mistakes committed. Lessons in life usually from experiences. Nobody has the better conviction to impart better wisdom than they who have experienced life's intricacies.

I never had the chance to meet my grandfathers. They were long gone before I was born. But my grandmothers, they are the ones whom I was able to communicate with as I was growing up. They were great storytellers. I can imagine reliving their experiences on how they survived the war, how they raised my parents, how they lived the world without formal education. They were so metaphorical that sometimes I could not understand what they were talking about. But I've learned a lot from them. And I owe it to them, and my parents, everything that I am reaping now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails